Mining is a dangerous industry, so the selection of an air compressor that can handle tight spaces, dust & debris, stand up to the demands of use, and reliable is very important to you.
What Air Compressor Works Best In The Mining Industry?
Ingersoll Rand's Oil-Flooded Rotary Screw air compressors are recommended for the mining industry since it is commonly used for industrial applications or construction sites, providing a steady air flow to tools and equipment. We offer the very best of time-proven designs and technologies with new, advanced features that ensure the highest levels of reliability, efficiency and productivity available. In addition, since mining tunnels are rather noisy, we take pride in how quiet our compressors are while running.
How Does The Mining Industry Use Compressed Air?
- Blasting: Compressed air can be used as a safer way to blast away unwanted material.
- Pneumatic Tools: Compressed air is an efficent type of energy source that can be used to power your pneumatic tools, such as drills, wrenches, hoists and other mining equipment down in the mine tunnels.
- Ventilation Systems: Ventilation is very important, especially when you are in the deeper tunnels where fresh air is nonexist. Compressed air is a safe and breathable source of air that can be used in harardous environments.
- Moving Materials: To move coal and other mining material, you can use compressed air to operate conveyor belts.
- Filtration Solutions: Dust and debris can always be found in mining tunnels, but with filters available for your air compressor, you can make sure that you are pushing clean and debris free through your tools.